Now that you have a better idea as to what video marketing is, let’s take a look at the benefits.
If you’re having trouble selling your marketing team, clients, partners and boss on the concept of online video, they might feel differently when they look at some of the benefits the business stands to gain. We’ll look at how exactly video benefits your business, and tips on how to get in on the action but rst though, here are some interesting statistics on video.
- YouTube is the second most popular search engine, right after Google, which of course owns YouTube.
- YouTube gets more than 4 billion views per day
- Over 80% of marketing executives include video content on their marketing strategies
- Online video accounts for more than 50% of all mobile traffic
- Just about everyone watches online video everyday
Looking at these statistics, you can see why video content is such a crucial element of your marketing. Let’s look at some other ways online video benefits both large and small businesses:
- Video is easily measurable. Analytics exist in the form of simple tools you can access online and they do a great job of measuring every aspect of the video marketing campaign. You need to know which videos are getting good views, which aren’t and how the views translate into new customers. There are dozens of nifty tools available for measuring video analytics and they should help you get a more accurate report on the performance of each video.
- Video doesn’t die. The videos you upload on YouTube will play a part on your marketing strategy for a much longer time than other forms of content. This might be good or bad, depending on your strategy, but generally the video keeps conveying the message and reduces your overall spending considerably. You may consider making an initial media purchase or video seeding as a way to promote the video but whatever you decide, the ad won’t get pulled down as TV ads sometimes are when payment isn’t made.
- Video is always one click away from the BUY button. 34% of apparel shoppers are likely to purchases after viewing an ad online: only about 16% of consumers make a purchase after watching an ad on TV. When properly set up, online video allows a consumers to quickly access your product or service by following links to your website or sales page, where they can make a purchase. TV viewers typically have to log on to the site using a separate device in order to make a purchase, which undermines the e ectiveness of TV adverting in relation to online video.
- When a consumer stops by your website and watches a video they usually stay a little longer than intended, which is one of the main reasons video is used in every part of the marketing campaign. Every video on your website should captivate the viewer and have them spend more on your services or products. Even simple ‘how to’ videos can have a great impact on sales provided you keep the content customer oriented.
- Video is about selling. Or at least it should be. Far too many people miss out on opportunities by uploading videos that are either so boring they put the customer to sleep, or ones that are so vague they leave the customer completely confused. Another interesting scenario is where marketers focus so much on creating entertaining videos that ultimately they miss the bottom line. Remember you’re trying to sell, don’t focus entirely on entertainment, and instead try to communicate clearly, and make sure the customers know exactly what they’re support to purchase and how.
Mobile video brings with it more opportunities for short, funny videos to advertise their products. 30 second mobile videos have an 83 completion rate according to Rhythm Insights. More involvement has to be centered on mobile video so you can nd new ways to get people talking , sharing, and more importantly, buying your products.
How can your business bene t from venturing into online marketing? New entrepreneurs are well placed to make use of the features and bene ts to their businesses. Find out just how your business could be using this tool to gain these advantages and nd a way to implement a video marketing strategy that works.
One of the best & most trusted Video Production Companies in Perth, Australia.